Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhaywood

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2002
GB
Our internal domain and internet domain are called the same, and we were having trouble connecting to the internet domain name, we resolved the isssue with DNS and when we disable ISA it all works, but when ISA is on we cant connect to the internet domain name. Can anyone give us any ideas with this problem.

Hi dhaywood

I had this issue as well (only after though I found out doing this is not a good setup...having internal DC with same domain as externally hosted).

I setup browsers with ISA proxy settings (e.g. isa 192.168.0.1:8080) and they can now see the external hosted domain.

I have not played around too much with it (as we canned that domain recently) but me thinks it is to do with DNS. By using proxy on IE, IE speaks directly to ISA and ITS forwarders (setup DNS on ISA). Internally PCs use the DC DNS.

Most IE installs have "Automatically detect settings" enabled default under LAN options and if you publish ISA proxy info, it will configure itself for you...

hope this helps!

dmcabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back