Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

internet default

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddysherri

Technical User
Nov 18, 2003
GB
Hello

The default internet address when you load up explorer has changed, i must have downloaded something dodgy and it has installed within the registry. I have used blank and chane it but when i restart i.e it comes back is there any registry settings that i need to change??

cheers

It's not a registry issue, you've got some sort of spyware such as a search bar, weather applet, or other convenience tool that you've downloaded and is forcing the default page.

Uninstall it directly or use adaware to help you.

Surfinbox.com Business Internet Services - National Dialup, DSL, T-1 and more.

'spybot search and destroy' is another great tool...
more on spyware at faq608-3482.

<marc> i wonder what will happen if i press this...[pc][ul][li]please give feedback on what works / what doesn't[/li][li]need some help? how to get a better answer: faq581-3339[/li][/ul]

It's called a homepage hijacker. Sometimes you can just type in the correct homepage URL then, if your real homepage loads, go to Tools, Internet Options, and click Use Current. Also delete all cookies and temp files.
Some are more stubborn than others and may require a utility like Ad-Aware, Spybot, or HiJackThis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back