Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Connection Wizard problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteyford

Technical User
Mar 13, 2001
CA
I recently downloaded the Microsoft Virtual Machine update for Internet Explorer as well as the Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 with sp1 Tools upgrade, and ever since, whenever I try to run Internet Explorer, the Internet Connection Wizard comes up and I must set up Internet Explorer. This always happens, regardless of the fact that I have already setup internet explorer multiple times.

Does anyone know of a fix, or some way to correct this problem? Thanks in advance.

Try repairing Internet Explorer first. Go to Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel. When you highlight Microsoft Internet Explorer and click the "Add/Remove" button it will give the option to repair it. If that doesn't work, you may also try restoring IE to previous configuration (same place as repairing). At the ISP that I work at, this corrected the same problem with one of our users. Keep in mind though that if you restore to previous config, it does sometimes screw up saved email in Outlook Express and your Favorites. You'll also have to reinstall the the IE 5.5 upgrade. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back