Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Connection NT 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAYSTAR

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2001
US
We have a small network with NT Server 4.0 running on the server and Win 98 SE running on the workstations. One of the workstations has a cisco router connected to a secondary NIC providing ASDL internet access. This internet connection is shared with all workstations. I cannot figure out, however, how to get the server to connect utilizing the shared connection. Can anyone help?

try assigning the router an IP address and setting that ip address as the default gateway on the server and client PCs. by doing this you do not have to share the connection through a workstation, all you need to do is connect the router to any port on your hub/switch.
this works very well on my network with a ISDN dial on demand router providing acces to 8 win2k clients and 2 win2k servers.

hope this helps,
Jon Steer
MCSE+I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back