Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet cash payment system project !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisham

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2000
Somebody can guide me where to find some information about an Internet cash payment system project, am looking to develop prepaid Internet Purchasing Card small project.
Thanks in advance..

I`m not sure what`s the prepaid Internet Purchasing Card means, is it something like a scratch card? If yes, I know the guys who have made the system which accepts different scratch cards on Internet, i.e. user can pay for something by entering the card code on the given site.
Is it the system you`re looking for?

Exactly, Consumers can buy products, services, and subscriptions without the use of a credit card, checking account, or smart card. It is a payment option for anyone wishing to make cash purchases over the Internet.

Ok, may be these guys will sell you this module (it`s made in Java) or give you an advice...

I'm sure it wouldn't be regarded as advertising if you were to tell us about it here....for my part i'd be interested in hyearing about it. Jeremy Nicholson, Director of a UK-based Java and Data Warehousing consultancy

Thank you, I developed a part of the project using php and mysql, and it run very fine, but what I need is more information about the system analysis for this project

Ok, Jeremy, I`ll need a little time to answer - I have 37 pages long specs (Rational Unified format)for the system, but these specs are in Russian for the moment:) (the system sold for the first time to the Russian client, so he needed a Russian specs).
I`m fluent in Russian (Russian myself), but anyway I`ll need time to translate all the specs:)
May be you have some specific questions?
The short description of the system is here:
It`s a Java+JSP+Oracle system, servlet engine is Caucho Resin 2.1 (can be changed, of course), system can handle up to 4 millions users without clustering and a lot more with clustering.
System reaction time must not exceed 4 seconds for the usual operations in the peak time.
Multilingual and template-based interface is supported thru XSL transformation.
System can handle both virtual and offline scratch cards, also it handles usual credit cards, payment proxy can be attached (i.e. the module that supports several payments systems, you can set preferences for the systems (i.e. which system to use first, second, etc), the user will have to input most of the payment info once and this info will be used to post into one system, if the system refuses -into second one and so on).
System can hanlde both services (example: subscriptions) and goods sales.
The scratch card module is only the part of the whole system, which is complex Multi-Level Marketing Accounting system.

I have use-cases diagrams for the system, but I can`t post them here.

Please ask more specific questions, I`ll try to answer them.

Thanks SVL. That's enough detail for now or you'll give away your trade secrets. [noevil]

How is it intended for the cards to be distributed? Are the clients going to negotiate a deal with newagents, shops, etc.?

As to the systems analysis for hisham....Am I right in saying that this is basically a pre-pay mechanism, but that the pre-pay tokens (the cards) are easy obtainable from local outlets (such as shops)? Do the shops pay for the tokens in advance....and get a small profit on each one sold. Jeremy Nicholson, Director of a UK-based Java and Data Warehousing consultancy

Name is Slava:), Slava V. Lyushnya, a Russian citizen of Ukrainian origin:)
Don`t worry about the trade secrets, the system is available for sale, so it`s no sense to hide info about it.
To your questions now.
In this particular case (with the client that purchased the system) the cards will be distributed by agents (it`s MLM business, remember?:), and these agents will distribute the cards for some %%. Any shop may act as an agent. They can buy a series of cards (and some of the preferred agents may receive the cards without prepayment) and sale them to everyone.
The scratch cards module manages all numbers of cards and all series of them.
So it is a pre-payment system, in general.

Thank you Slava, I added a new feature for more security, this allow the user to generate his card number and pin, then he can activate the card by purchasing a code number from the company or their agents. And thanks for Jeremy.

User will generate card # and pin online and then purchase code number (pin or card number or another number?) offline?

The code# is another number stored in the database, the customer generate the card and pin numbers online. What you think about this idea?
webdata@ureach.com

Hmm...sorry for delay, I wasn`t notified about your reply for some unknown reason.
Well, this is already implemented in Zeya, the system noticed above. But for me personally, it`s looks a little strange or too complicated for most users (with Zeya we have some special reasons for this feature). Let`s imagine this average user: say, he wants to buy a subscription. He will go to the local shop, buy a card, then connect to Internet and post the PIN number into the form. That`s all. Easy and simple. But in case he needs to purchase some special code, then generate a card number and PIN, then enter the PIN somewhere (or card number or special code...) -he will be just overloaded by numbers everywhere.
Sad but true - most people have IQ not more than 110, so keeping things simple is important for this majority of potential customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back