Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Being Slowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglurch

Programmer
Aug 25, 2005
US
Hi,

Im having problems where acounts that have group policy pushed to them have very slow or no internet access. However the local accounts on the computers work just fine. The basic setup is dsl to firewall to server to server other nic to switch. The services running are obvously active directory, dns, dhcp, iis, routing and remote services. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Live by the code, Die by the code!!

If I understand correctly, the workstation logged in locally is normal speed and logged into the domain it's slow? If so double check your DNS server settings.

Is there a difference between machines on the domain with a group policy and without?

Thanks,

Ryan V. Stevenson
Specialty Services Director

National Support Network
East Lansing, MI - USA

Ryan@itpayz.com

Are you running ISA on that server (SBS)? If so, the proxy settings will be different - try without proxy (ISA by default handles transparent proxy)

I resolved the issue it seems for some reason the profile of rules set in the firewall was not applied to the zone correctly so i reset it and the problem resolved itself.
Thanks for the help,
Jason Endres

Live by the code, Die by the code!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back