Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2003
GB
Hi we have an IIS web server that customers download reports from.
At the moment the customers login using a username and password that is set on the IIS server.
Unfortunately though the customers cnnot change the password.
After some searching on the web I came across Internet Authentication Service.

Can someone please tell me if this is what I need for customers to change their passwords and that I can set password expiry etc.

If this isn't teh right tool any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Ian Taylor

I don't think the Internet Authentication Service is what you are looking for, and the only alternative I can think of is to create a VPN for these users to log into so that all of this stuff can be handled via the Active Directory-if you have one. Perhaps somebody else has another idea...

LF

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."--Albert Einstein

The web server is in the dmz as a standalone machine so doesn't have AD.
I'd rather not have to create a vpn for every person whos wants access to our web server.
Everything works fine but they can't change their password when it expires.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back