Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

internet access thru cisco VPN 3030

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raul102801

Technical User
Nov 11, 2002
US
I have a situation where when salesmen are at customers sites and connected to their network, windows messenger is blocked and they can't communicate that way with headquarters. I am considering the idea of allowing those salesmen access to internet thru our cisco VPN 3030 instead of the customers network. I do however have some questions:
how can I set this up and can it be implemented on a per user basis so i don't have to allow everybody access to internet thru vpn?

Yes you can, how are they connecting? does each user have it own VPN tunnel? or are they behind a VPN router/concentrator?

If you have eac user with its own VPN tunnel and you want them to use the Office Internet line click on the check box that says split tunneling, this will make them use your internet access, I like do it this way, this way you can setup firewall rules to block access you don't want them to have

we use a cisco vpn 3030 concentrator. I tried the split tunneling and marked it to tunnel everything but when the salesman testing tried msn messenger still didn't work.
Any ideas? I will have him do a print route from the command prompt and see what routes are in there.

Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back