Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet access is intermittent

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdobyns

Technical User
Jan 10, 2008
US
Here is my problem. I have a 506e PIX I manage for a customer. Sometimes in the morning the internal network will not go out to the internet for email, http, etc. However at the same time there is a VPN tunnel that comes in from the internet that does not have a problem connecting. I can also connect to a static inside,outside ip of a terminal server. The internal machines are static ip with the correct gateway and dns. The problem does not seem to be the provider. There is a SMC switch on the inside connecting the computer. Can anyone give me some guidance? Maybe I am missing something in the config that would cause this. It also seem that if the computers are not rebooted there is not a problem, however if they are rebooted in the evening, they will not connect in the morning.

Thanks in advance,

J.R.

When they can't connect to the internet, can they access the local lan as in network print and such?

Local resources are ok, just going out to the internet, ie. HTTP, POP3, IMAP, etc.

As far as I can tell, it fixes itself. I beleive a reboot will also cure it but I am never there exactly when the problem is happening and I have to rely on office staff.

Sorry I meant reboot of the workstations. Thanks for all your help so far by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back