Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet access for dial in client ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shane1

Technical User
Apr 4, 2004
IE
I have a Win 2000 SBS machine running ISA server which i use to connect to the internet. Ive managed to configure a dial in client so that they access to the LAN and also exchange however i cannot manage to successfully configure the internet connection. I have configured the dial in client to use the serve as a proxy server and i have used identical settings to the LAN clients which work perfectly. Is there anything specific to dial clients that may stop an internet connection from working.

The client s a WIndows NT 4.0 Workstation pc

It seems as though the page begins loading on the client. The "loading page" message is displayed at the bottom of the exlorer widow but then it drops out to an error message.

Is there any ISA settings specific to dial in clients ?
Is the dial in connection just too slow? (Via modem)

If anyone can offer help it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

shane@pinpointcomputers.com.au

Have you tried deselecting the "use default gateway on remote network" tickbox under the TCP/IP settings for the dial up networking settings on the client PC? I have encountered this problem in the past, and doing this resolved the problem.

Ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back