Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

International LD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsidebrian

Programmer
Jan 12, 2004
US
I can not make any international long distance calls. I called my LD carrier and they insist that there is no restriction on the account. When I trace an outgoing call, I get the following. I am not sure how to read the codes.

10:32:02 dial 9011442078042018#
10:32:02 seize trunk-group 2 member 16 cid 0x136
10:32:02 setup digits 011442078042018#
10:32:02 proceed trunk-group 2 member 16 cid 0x136
10:32:05 idle trunk-group 2 member 16 cid 0x136
10:32:05 denial event 1164: ISDN call reject CV/CID D1=0x1f D2=0x136

Just a thought but have you checked the
1 COR of the phone (FRL level)
2 Dial plan for INT LD calls
3 Is trunk 2 a LD trunk or a local trunk
4 do you have a working INT number

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

I set the frl of the route pattern to 0 for testing purposes. Trunk 2 is a local pri pic-ed to a ld carrier. I have tried several international numbers that I know are valid. I am not sure what you mean by the dial plan for international ld calls. When I dial and international number, I get a busy.

Sounds like your trunk group is not allowed to make intl. calls, level 0 on the FRL is the highest, level is the most restricted, also you may want to check your no. I know in Europe they have to country codes, hope I was of some help
Regards,
Adminwoman

Is call type set to "intl" on the ars analysis form? If not, it should be. Also try this: set the delete digs in the route to 3 (over the PRI call setup info will specify intl, so 011 may not be needed -- depends on the carrier)

Set up a station that has a cor which will allow you to direct access the trunk. This way you can dial the trunk access code and bypass ars, then try dialing the number .

I am using intl in the ars table. I tried deleting 3 digits, but that did not fix anything. I have circuits from Verizon on about 15 other PBX's and they do not require the digit deletion. This is a PRI circuit and TAC codes will not work. I think this might be carrier related, but just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything before I wasted a day or two waiting for the carrier. Thanks all.

Have you checked the bearer capability? Sometimes the far end cannot handline 3.1khz vs voice. Does your carrier see the call attempt? I'm assuming that you are able to dial other numbers? Try the US Embassy, too: 011-44-207-499-9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back