Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

International Dialling

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjc2013

Technical User
Jun 4, 2013
GB
Hey all hope everyone is well....

I have an issue with international dialling that I would appreciate some assistance with if possible.

We have NCOS 3 4 5 set up for local national mobile etc and 6 for international.

The problem is I have a couple of international calls being made with phones with NCOS 4 and 5.

It looks like there is some kind of transfer thing happening.

So is there any way via transfer or conference or any other means that an international call can be set up?

cheers

It is likely 4 and 5 are not set up for International calling, they are restricted so you can define who is allowed to call that way. You could change the NCOS on the phones you want to have international calling to an NCOS of 3 and it will probably work for you.
Is there a reason you cannot do this?

You need to print out the NCTL in LD 87 and make sure that all of NCOS values have the same FRL value. So NCOS 3 should have an FRL of 3 etc.

Should look something like this

>ld 87
ESN000

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 44745322 USED U P: 5691537 1175810 TOT: 51612669
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 1714 KBYTES
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT nctl
NRNG 0 7

SOHQ NO
SCBQ NO

NCOS 0

EQA NO
FRL 0
RWTA NO
NSC NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO
SPRI 0
MPRI 0
PROM 0

NCOS 1

EQA NO
FRL 1
RWTA NO
NSC NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO
SPRI 0
MPRI 0
PROM 0

NCOS 2

EQA NO
FRL 2
RWTA NO
NSC NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO
SPRI 0
MPRI 0
PROM 0

NCOS 3

EQA NO
FRL 3
RWTA NO
NSC NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO
SPRI 0
MPRI 0
PROM 0

NCOS 4

EQA NO
FRL 4
RWTA NO
NSC NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO
SPRI 0
MPRI 0
PROM 0

NCOS 5

EQA NO
FRL 5
RWTA NO
NSC NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO
SPRI 0
MPRI 0
PROM 0

NCOS 6

EQA NO
FRL 6
RWTA NO
NSC NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO
SPRI 0
MPRI 0
PROM 0

NCOS 7

EQA NO
FRL 7
RWTA NO
NSC NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO
SPRI 0
MPRI 0
PROM 0

TOHQ NONE

and if someone who has ncos 6 is transferring to those who have ncos 3 or 4,,,,change the CLS of that from FTTC to FTTR. they will not be able to transfer anymore

Don't forget that the users who have an NCOS, might still have CLS = UNR which will bypass the NCOS setting. Also check if you are using TGAR as another way would be for the extension user to use the routes ACOD.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

I never knew that UNR in cls would override NCOS, are you sure about that? I don't think that is true.

Thanks all for your comments, i have checked through all options outlined above and everything seems in order. I am questioning the source of my information (we use a third party piece of kit to report external numbers dialled), it's been very reliable before but maybe is reporting something incorrectly, I will double check and be back! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back