Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

International Dialling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2013
GB
Hi, does anyone know if there is a page on Avaya Aura that knows to convert + to 00.

At the moment we are trying to force our users so that when they dial the full international number for another staff member on our Avaya platform, the number is converted to the relevant extension and dialed internally to save international calls.

However, when we put this programming in place, our IGAR functionality stops working, as the IGAR page tries to dial 0044 xxxxxx and is then converted to an internal extension. In some locations we can configure the IGAR extension to be +44xxxx and it will then ignore the special programming and works accordingly. In other locations when we do this we get an error that says "Invalid IGAR Digits"

so it is my assumption that there is a page within Avaya that I am not aware of (set by location) that will happily read and convert +44 to 0044... is anyone aware of this?

BTW, I know I have put 0044 and +44 in all examples, but we are using a European system so the same problem occurs for all locations, I just used +44 as it's easy to understand.

Thanks
Dan

------------------------------------------
Self Taught Genius!!

Do you have SIP trunks/phones?

i prefer clarity to agreement - dennis prager

This is for IGAR and not handset dialling, the install is for over 30 locations withLSP's installed. So needing auto work, but also need to force users to route calls internally (even when the full international number is dialled)

Self Taught Genius!!

You need an entry in your ARS digit conversion table (per location) that allows the IGAR numbers to pass without modification.
EG: Pattern: 0044123456789 Min: 13 Max: 13 Del: 0 Net: ars Conv: n

I have just thought the exact same thing! thank you :)

Self Taught Genius!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back