Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

International calls issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbn466

Technical User
Oct 11, 2007
US
I have a customer who since switched toa new provider can not dial International calls. I have monitored the outgoing messaging while someone on-site was making an international call and I do not see the area code 0f 011 in front of the number being called.

I have listed below the RLI and DMI that is programmed on the switch for International Dialing. Plus the OSMG i recieved when the number was dialed.

Any suggestions would be great in trying to get this fixed.I have tried multiple things to try and resolve this but with no luck.

If there is any other info that anyone may need to assist me just let me know.

Thanks

RLI 4
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 4
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 5
DMI 6
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBA
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 5
OVLL 0

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT dgt
DMI 6

DMI 6
DEL 0
CTYP NCHG

DCH 4 UIPE_OMSG CC_SETUP_REQ REF 000040EB CH 1 22 TOD 10:29:56 CK 00992CB8
PROGRESS: ORIGINATING END IS NOT ISDN
CALLING #:8178778124 NUM PLAN: E164 TON: INTL
CALLED #:441216291833 NUM PLAN: E164 TON: INTL

Since switching to a new provider? Worked before? Have you checked with the new provider since you didn't change anything on your PBX??

Mato' Was'aka

Are the callers getting any error message from the carrier or is the call being routed to the wrong company/destination? Are we sure the users are dialing 011 before the number? It could be that the old carrier was doing some digit routing for them based on length of digits out pulsed and the new carrier needs the full 1 or 011. For example, in our RLB when using the LD trunks the DMI deletes the 011, but if the trunks are full and the pbx uses the local trunks it keeps the 011 in the outgoing number.

Build a new DMI to do an insert of 011 with NCHG as your CTYP. Build a new RLI with the same FRL and Routes as your existing RLI 4, but use the new DMI you just built. Go to LD 90, add a SPN of 011 (or edit 011) to point to the new RLI. Make a test call. Worse case, you can just go back to the existing RLI in about 5 seconds, best it works!

Thanks to everyone that replied to this thread.

I went into the current DMI and changed the settings to insert the 011 and that fixed the issue i was having.

It's always the simple stuff that is overlooked it seems.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back