Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

International calling 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3chhelp

Technical User
Apr 19, 2002
CA
Local and long distance calls are completing properly but international calls are not. Call gets dropped. This is on a pri. Everyone is set to the highest Cor with no restrictions. When I monitor the call with the list trace command the only difference in the outpulse digits to the telco is at the end of international digits there is a # inserted. I've checked ars digit conversion. Any one seen this happen before. Is this normal, should I just call the telco provider to check it on their end. Thanks.

On your ars entry, are you using NAtL or FNPA?

If it's FNPA you'll need to play around with the PFX Mrk on your route pattern.

My PRI on my legend doesn't like any extra digits... gets rejected by telco. (For example, if the redial includes the '1' from the IVR menu, the call will fail). It sounds to me like the above suggestion for eliminating the # is the way to go.

It's always easiest to blame the telco's....

Make some test calls. Note the time and the number dialed, as well as the ANI of the station you're making the calls from. Open a trouble ticket with your provider. Give them the sample call detail noted above. They will either identify a problem in their network, or will not see the calls hitting their network at all.

Try placing the international calls using a "dial-around", one of those 10-10-xxx numbers. That should force the calls to another provider's network. If those calls complete, then the problem is not in your switch.

- Duaneness

When we switched telco providers, we had a similar problem. On the second page of the trunk form, there should be an option that says "Suppress # Outpulsing?". We had to set this option to "y". I would change that and try the call again.

Also, on our ARS entry, we have it set to INTL and not FNPA or NATL
Hope this helps,

Josh

In the ARS entry for 011 it is set to INTL. I will take a look at suppress # Outpulsing on the trunk form. Thank you for your suggestions.

I've tried changing the suppress # Outpulsing to yes in the trunk form. It is still outpulsing the # sign at the end of a international call. Any seen this type of problem before. Thanks

I use to have the same problem. To resolve the problem you may need to change the type of call from INTL to PUB. That how I resolve my problem.

MKD

I had the same thing happening,
my telco (KNP in NL) is not completely compliant with the flag used for INTL on all their 5ess's connecting to the international net.
This resulted in intermittant faults depending on what route my calls were taking.
I flag my international calls as "NAT" now, and never had a problem since.
I traced the issue by doing a 'list trace station' while dialing the numbers.
The error it came up with, confirmed the net was not exepting "INTL"

Thank-you, changing it to Natl or publ both work like a charm. Now I can start calling overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back