Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

International Calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenA1

MIS
Apr 7, 2005
US
Hello,

We have a T1 and POTS lines in our Norstar 6.0 MICS system. I have programmed the Dest codes for our office in NL. It is setup as 93 absorbLenght: 1, Normal: 002. Rte 002 is using Pool C which is the pool are T1 is using.

I dial our number 931035...etc, I check which line it is using and it tells me it is using the T1 line. (I check by pressing the hold button and pressing the Intercom button which shows me I'm on Line49)

I get nothing but silence, no ring nothing.

I am wondering if this is our T1 vendor issues?

Any help would be great

Can you dial out on the T-1 without using routing? If so, it is your programming, not the T-1.

Not to sure what you mean by dial out without using routing. The T1 is setup as well to be used for any long distance calls and that works correctly, if I call locally it goes over the POTS lines as it should.

It sounds like you are saying that the only time you have the problem is when you try to use the T1 with your dest codes.

So, if you can dial the number without dest codes, it is not the provider. If you dial long distance over the t1 normally, and it works as you said, then the programming in your dest codes is the problem, not a "T1 vendor issue."

If you can dial your office in NL, by just picking up the phone, and it goes out over the T1, you know it is not an issue with the provider.

If on the other hand, you get the same result by just picking up the phone and dialing, then it may the provider.

Sorry, I think I missed wrote something, I use dest codes to call Long Distance over the T1 and that works. I use dest codes to route calls over the POTS lines when a users dials a locall number.

So your NY number is 310-xxxx (7 digits)?

The NL number is 3103562xxx so it is 10 digits.

Thanks,

If your local is 7 Digtits then you can:
Go into Public Dialing Plan.
Build a new Prefix with 310 and tell the system to expect 10 digits when 310 is dialed.

Sorry, I was dialing the number incorrectly, I did not have the full number. So to dial the number I have to dial 9 011 31 35 62 57 2xx.

So I think my dest code is wrong

So I'm an idiot here, I figure out what I was doing wrong. I had set my dest code as: 93 absorbLenght: 1, Normal: 002. Rte 002 is using Pool C. Well since I do not make international calls, I forgot we need to dial 011 than the international number. So I setup the dest code as 90 absorbLenght: 1, Normal 002.

So now I dial 9 011 31 35 62 57 2xx, and it works.

Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back