Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal voice mail access number is not working right

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietharry

Technical User
Feb 7, 2007
US
Hi All,

I have a major power outage over the weekend with my Opt 81c

Everything came up fine except the internal voicemail access number xxxxx
I was able to dial the voicemail access number but can't enter mail box number and password

The only way to access is to dial the external 10 digits voicemail access number

Please help me as where to look for trouble

Thanks,
Harry

CP Mermail or other? Start by printing your internal DNB in ld 11, trace from there, make sure acquired, look for flaw in call flow

Mato' Was'aka

Call Pilot
If I was to look for hardware fail, which card should I look at?

Thanks

it's not hardware, usually.. if the mail answers any call, then the channels are up.. check the ip link between the two.. may just need a cp boot so it can acquire the sets

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I agree with JP. If the PBX lost power but the CallPilot didn't, then the CallPilot probably just needs to be rebooted to acquire the PBX resources properly.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

I did reboot call pilot twice and still no good, look like I was able to dial internal voice mail access number and logging to voice mail box with digital and analog phone, the only phone that fail is IP 2007 and IP 1120E
Thanks,
Harry

Check the status of your VGMC Channels, and make sure they are all registered.

your problem then is probley going from IP to TDM

Is this a 1000e system?

What happens when you call internal to voice mail? fast busy? dead air?

What if you do a trnasfer from call pilot to an IP phone?

I would suspect you have some DSP's out of service and your incoming DIDs are in the same TDM location and Call Pilot - that is why external call to voice mail is ok. Go to LD 117 and enter STAT SERV - make sure you DSPs are working. you may need to disable and enable or reset card if VGMC.

If your a large switch, might suspect a conf/TDS card.

Also, make an internal call to voice mail and trace your call. this with the sysmptoms will help if you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back