Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal server error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebayona

Technical User
Oct 22, 2001
CO
Hi, I just started apache for the first time, and it seems to be working alright. If I go to correo.setecsa.com I can see the "test page", so it sounds good. Now I want to test some scripts. I just installed them on the cgi-bin directory, but the "500 internal server error" arises.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@setecsa.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.19 Server at _default_ Port 80

I can't even open the same "index.html" file on that directory, so it seems to be a permissions matter. Checking the error_log file this is the result:

[error] (8)Exec format error: exec of /var/ failed
[error][client 200.74.XXX.XXX] Premature end of script headers: /var/
Or trying to open other file:

[error] (13)Permission denied: exec of /var/ failed
[error][client 200.74.XXX.XXX] Premature end of script headers: /var/
And if I run a cgi, I only can see the code or a blank page (check if you want)

So, what is wrong here? I think it should be a silly thing, but don't forget I'm a newbie ......

Thanks a lot,

Rafael

Hi,

Rythmace, could you please post httpd.conf.txt again. I'm have the same problem rebayona had.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back