Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Server Error when ever I try to upgrade the AIW 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcourter

IS-IT--Management
Sep 27, 2007
US
I have an S8300D with CM 5.1 software. The onboard AIW runs just fine but if I click to upgrade the wizard I get Internal Server Error. The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. I have tried two different versions of the AIW off of the Avaya web site. Two versions I have tried are 5.1-7 which is lower then onboard and 5.2-13 which is higher then the onboard. Onboard version is 5.2-11

ACA - IP Office Implement

What are you trying to upgrade?

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

Im trying to upgrade the AIW itself. When you click to run the wizard it gives you option to run the one installed or upgrade from file on the computer.

Current CM software version?

I would guess this is a bug. Are you going to use AIW for server config or for Gateway config?

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

CM version is R015x.02.1.016.4. I wont be using the wizard for anything. This was sold to a client that wants to use the wizard to program the server and they are not able to get it to upgrade. Even though the built in wizard works just fine they dont want to pay for the board if they cant get the wizard to upgrade as they think that means the board is bad. So I am just trying to get this fixed to allow the upgrade so we can get it back to them. Thanks for your help.

Are these patches current?

Service Pack - Patch for CM 5.2.1
cm5-016.4 19308 (SP11) N/A 05 Dec 2011

Security Service Packs for Communication Manager and SIP Enablement Services
Avaya Aura Communication Manager 5.2.1
Avaya Aura SIP Enablement Services 5.2.1 016.4
PLAT-rhel4-1012.tar.gz June 20, 2011

Kernel Services Packs for Communication Manager and SIP Enablement Services
Avaya Aura Communication Manager 5.2.1
SIP Enablement Services 5.2.1 016.4 KERNEL-2.6.18-128.AV7g.tar.gz June 20, 2011

bsh

No its just the base install of 5.2 CM. As all we do is buy and sell the parts we do not install or program any of these units so My avaya account does not have any registered to it so I am not allowed access to the CM files on Avaya's web site.

Disregard that. I can dl the patches it just wont let me get the CM software. I will install these now and give it a shot.

LOL. and disregard that now. the lock went away on the file download but when I attempt gives me the no sold tos associated which is what I thought originally.

BTW I am CM certified with Avaya. I just dont register sold tos to our account as we sell the pieces to installers who do the registering. I am taking the fact that help stopped your assuming I dont know what im doing.

I thought I gave you all the help you needed.

Installing kernel, security, CM service packs are what fix bugs.

Your original problem with AIW appears to be giving you errors.
Fixing this is simple enough.

1. Reboot the server, try AIW again.
2. Install current fixes, try AIW again.
3. re-image the server, try AIW again.
4. If this works on another s8300 with same load and no patches
or kernal, security updates, the re-image is what I would recommend.

bsh

Great. Thank you for your assistance. I will see what I can do about getting my Avaya account opened to patches for testing purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back