Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Server Error on CallPilot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2005
CA
Oh what fun! We have just installed a new BCM running 3.6 software and CallPilot. When trying to configure the AutoAttendant greetings or customized digits, the CallPilot Manager serves up an "Internal Server Error" page. All other pages for the mail system come up, just the ones to do with any of the AA greetings are doing this. The latest patches have been applied and the system has been powered down for over five minutes before restarting but to no avail.

Has anyone experienced this from any misconfiguration or is the opinion of most out there in agreement that this is a problem with the software running on the BCM? The supplier is shipping a new hard drive to test this out but I fear that this may not resolve the issue as nothing else so far has.

Thanks for your input.

In BCM Manager click on services and disable Vmail, wait about 1 min. then Enable it. I have had to do this on several BCM's.

Thanks for the suggestion ace. I disabled the VoiceMail under Services and reenabled it, but the same Internal Server Error is coming up. It's still only for the AA links under customized digits, company greetings and any links that refer to the greetings options.

We'll be getting the new preloaded hard drive shortly but if there are any other suggestions, I'm open to looking into them.

It's a little delayed but I did find out the problem for any of you that may run into this in the future. I had to destroy all the voicemail configuration I had set up so be warned that this will remove all current voicemail settings. The good news is that you can backup first if you're not sure of your problem being exactly the same.

Simply, all that was required was an initialization of the voicemail through a phone set on the system. Hit Feature+982, then enter your password, default of "operator" using the number keys. Then press 1 and enter "reinstall" on the number pad and answer yes to the prompt. There you go, the system is reinitialized and any corruption in the system should be removed. Of course you now need to spend a few hours setting the mailboxes and phone tree back up as your backup will also be corrupt. The other option is to find an older backup that is not corrupt and restore from that.

Hope this benefits someone out there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back