Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Server Error for Call Pilot 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2005
CA
Oh what fun! We have just installed a new BCM running 3.6 software and CallPilot. When trying to configure the AutoAttendant greetings or customized digits, the CallPilot Manager serves up an "Internal Server Error" page. The latest patches have been applied and the system has been powered down for over five minutes before restarting but to no avail.

Has anyone experienced this from any misconfiguration or is the opinion of most out there in agreement that this is a problem with the software running on the BCM? The supplier is shipping a new hard drive to test this out but I fear that this may not resolve the issue as nothing else so far has.

Thanks for your input.

In BCM Manager click on services and disable Vmail, wait about 1 min. then Enable it. I have had to do this on several BCM's.

I've had the same problem. I get the error when I try to access greeting tables or company greetings. I tried disabling/enabling voicemail, but that didn't do the trick. The only answer that I get from the tech that I use is to upgrade the system which includes a new, larger, HDD. I think there must be a better way.

The few times I've run across that it's been a corrupted voicemail database. I did a reinstall on Callpilot and it took care of it. Luckily I had good backups.

Well, the easiest fix turned out to be initializing the system from a the control set. This of course removes your entire database of mailboxes and other settings so if you make backups, sometimes you can find one before the corruption occurred and this reduces the impact significantly.

I have the same issue, AND I can not even use F982 to access CallPilot at all through the control set.
Nothing comes up.
Any suggestions. This is a new BCM 3.7.

G.William Ramirez

It could be a hard drive problem, corruption on the hard drive or MSPEC fault.

I have had all three in the past. I had a problem with all the feature code for the voicemail and it was a hard drive problem. Everything else worked perfectly but some files had got corrupted after a power spike.

The same thing happened when I had a BCM arrive on site and everything worked until I put it on the wall. The voicemail stopped working. Again everything else was fine but no voicemail. This time it turned out to be the MSPEC card that held the voicemail ports came loose.

The last time it happened the database for the voice mail was corrupted after an upgrade. I had to reinitialise the voice mail.

Hope you get it fixed like I said I would not be surprised if it is one of the above.

Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back