Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Rollover - Defining Them 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfelska

Technical User
Feb 25, 2004
US
Hi,

I have had great luck in getting most of my questions answered here in the past without posting, but this one has me stumped.

We currently have a DID range of 1000-1999, and all of our rollovers (key 1 usually) are 2000-2999. This has worked fine until now. Today we got a new block of DIDs assigned - this time they are in the 7600-7699 range. I can use them no problem, but I cannot figure out how to define the rollovers for them (i.e 8600-8699).

But then in reading some other posts, I like the idea someone else suggested about making all rollovers into 5 digits so I dont have to waste potential DIDs, so for example, if we had one of 7601, then the rollover would be 27601. I might consider doing that for all of our DIDs - so 1221 would have a rollover of 21221.

Where do I set this up?

Thanks much

not a real big problem.. if you have a single digit vacant dn just assin the dn..

chg
4 0 0 4
echg yep
key 0 scr 1000
key 1 mcr 21000

if two was in the vacant dn table now the table will show all the new 21xxx numbers vacant.. of course use hta hunt 000 and lhk 1

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

To find out what you have available to use you can do the LUDN command

ld 20

req=prt
type= ludn
then return until it spits out a whole bunch of numbers, if it shows a single 2 or a single 3 you have every available number that starts with those numbers. Or you might find you have all avail 2 digits, such as a 23, then you have every available number that starts with 23xxx

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Thanks for the responses...

I hope I explained myself correctly (no shock if I didn't :) ) - thanks for the responses but what is puzzling me is not so much how to program key1 or any of that, it is really to understand how the PBX knows that if say ext 1235 is busy, to roll the call to 2235 (or 21235). Where does this get defined - it is obviously done in blocks of numbers somewhere, but I just don't understand where.

Thanks much

In this case, using another dn on key 1, the "roll" of the call is controled by "LHK" (last hunt key) in conjunction with "HUNT". If hunt is a valid DN (and CLS=HTA) then a call will roll to the next key up until it hits the "LHK". If LHK is 0 then it doesn't hunt up any keys and hunts to the HUNT DN. If LHK is 1 and key 0 is busy then it rolls to key 1 (your 2000-2999) or any DN that is on that key. If LHK is 5 it will roll up on any key that has a valid DN until it hits key 5. If you want the call to roll up the keys and not onto another station then set HUNT to '000', this is called "Short Hunt".

Wow...THANK YOU. That really cleared it up for me. I didn't understand that the config of a particular phone controlled hunting - I had just assumed this was defined at a global level somehow. Now it makes sense. I'll give that a shot on Monday.

Thanks again.

You should simply use MCR (mutilple call ringing) rather than SCR with a second number. Configure each set to have two lines of MCR. For example, my set has on key 0 MCR 9837 and on line 1 i have MCR 9837. This solves your problem and will result in using half the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back