Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Modem Us Robotics 3098-OEM and Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMir

Programmer
Mar 6, 2003
US
When I install this internal modem on my computer using Windows XP Pro, the Windows detects a PCI device but it cannot find the driver, either those that are provided on CD or the last ones existing on the Internet.
I have already deleted the .Inf related to the modem the LOCAL_MACHINE keys on registry regarding this PCI device.

What can I do ?

Hi CMir,
this may sound a little silly, but if you still have your problem, try this.. using start/ run/ browse, browse your install cd, look for exactly the correct driver for your xp and modem combination, copy this driver to a new folder on your desktop ( doing this ensures access to the driver, in case of errors to do with your cd-rom drive) now find your modem in device manager, click on update driver, choose option to look in specific location, in the browse box go to 'new folder/ 'file', XP should locate and install your correctly chosen driver! if not you may have the wrong driver, or you are not picking the right modem driver from the install cd, as you know they rarely semm to point to your modem name-wise!. good luck

Hi dazzer01,

I have already point the XP to a folder where I've put the drivers taken from the Internet but still it was unable to find the driver.

Thanks.

Ok CMir,
The only other thing I can think of, is the downloaded driver is corrupt, perhaps try another source, put in a search for modem drivers, i'm sure i've seen a good site someware! let me know if you have any joy and good luck.

Hi dazzer01,

I've looked in the Internet for another drivers but I haven't found any. I changed the modem for one from a different company and it all went Ok.

At this moment I'm going to test in another XP machine within a couple of days to see if works the same. I'll let you know if anything appears to solve the problem.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back