Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoid

MIS
Dec 11, 2001
CA
Recently, I upgraded SMS2.0 to SP4 on the server. I also re-installed the SMS console on my XP OS. However, I am now unable to view much of the data on the SMS server.

For example, the Site Hierarchy shows the message "There are no items to show in this view." This is true for all items except for the Package Status.

The following Internal Error also pops up:

"An error occurred during your last operation. Plese shut down the Systems Management Server Administrator's Console and restart it. For debugging information, press the More Information button."

Thanks,

Paranoid

Did you upgrade your admin console to sp4? ( you said you re-installed, I just am asking...because)

The other things I would check is your security rights, just go over them, seems to me I had an issue when I went to sp4 with some rights and had to re-do them.

Actually, I upgraded, and then I re-installed once it didn't work.

I have checked the security, and it seems fine. Others who have access to SMS still seem to able to run and view everything.

I tried removing/re-adding my account in the security, but to no avail. I even tried running the software with the SMS admin account.

I tried removing what I believed to be all SMS entries in the registry,

Do you think that there might be a problem with the MMC?

Okay, I just uninstalled XP SP2, and I am now able to view everything. Hmmm... I guess I need to find the SMS patch to fix the SP2 problem. Anyway, thanks tbrennans for your help.

ah ya didn't say ya had sp2 ;)

I had the same scenario, SMS20 SP5, XP SP2 running admin console: Added port 135 and unsecapp.exe to firewall exceptions, Collections in admin console still a no-go. Disable firewall, still didn't work. Made DCOM changes per XP SP2 FAQs, still didn't work. Reboot after DCOM changes, and problem was resolved. Re-enabled firewall and still works great

REF:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back