Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Error has occured in Access Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

djwahnuh

Technical User
Mar 4, 2002
NL
Dear All,

HELP!!!!!

Ok here is the problem: I have successfully installed Access Manager and configured a Directory Server (tried Windows 2000, & 2003 AD). I have successfully created a namespace and been through all the steps in the doco. I have even created usercalsses. But, as soon as I try to add a new user I get the error (An internal error has occurred in access manager). I have tried everything I can think of, this includes granting full anonymous access to my AD, reinstalling the application a billion times and shouting at my screen. None of this to any avail. Can someone please give me some help on this. I have Access Manager 7.1 Mr1 installed from Transformation Server

Regards

Wayne Tuck

Ok, found the problem

You have to add o="company name" (actaully organization). We used the company name is it was inserted when the server was installed. (right click my computer > properties). The reason is that access manager tries to add the users under the root of the AD domain. When you do it like this a new container is made.

Thank you flex13 for the help.

Wayne Tuck

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for posting your answer to the list. This is interesting because I am currently debugging this exact same issue.

Where exactly did you have to add the "o=companyname"? Was this in Configuration Manager, the Access Manager Runtime or within the Access Manager Administration tool?

Did you also have to make sure that the Computer properties had the fully qualified name (eg. computer.company.com)?

Appreciate your feedback.

Rgds,
amalcolmf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back