Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Error: !dbutil.cpp@828:eOutOfRange

Status
Not open for further replies.

tqlashot

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
I recieved this flag while working on a "new" drawing. There had not been any blocks plugged into it, only lines drawn. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

I looked and found that similar errors are usually found because of using files from other versions of ACAD or when importing from other CAD software. Would these apply to you at all?

From Autodesk;

Error: Internal Error: !DBUTIL.CPP@855 (the number can vary I think...)
Read the Disclaimer
Print
ID: TS38353
Applies to: AutoCAD LT® 2000,
AutoCAD LT® 2000i,
AutoCAD LT® 2002,
AutoCAD® 2000,
AutoCAD® 2000i,
AutoCAD® 2002,
Autodesk Field Survey

Published Date: 06/15/2001

Issue
When you open a drawing file, the following error message is displayed and you are unable to recover the file:

INTERNAL ERROR: !DBUTIL.CPP @855

Solution
The possible cause of this error is the infiltration of legacy DXF information from third-party applications. Legacy DXF information often renders files unrecoverable. There is no known resolution at this time. You can try to recover the files in an earlier release of the software, such as AutoCAD® Release14 or AutoCAD LT® 98, or you can try the recovery techniques documented in the related topic.

Good look
Pedro Treviño

Thanks to all for the information and suggestions. It is also believed that there is a conflict within the Registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back