Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Error 25003 when ghosting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonXie

Programmer
Feb 4, 2001
NZ
Hello, All:

The problem happened if the image was bigger than 2G and had to span.
The ghost version is 6.51.
The server platform is NT4 SP6a.
The client platform is Windows 2000 professional.

Is there anyone who met the same problem and fixed it?

Many thanks in advance.

A little more information would be useful. Are you trying to ghost the OS partition or a data partition? Are you trying to ghost to a new drive on the server on to an image on a client machine? You cannot expand the bootable partition size in NT4. Although I have had success doing this with Win2000. Are you using a hardware solution to do the spanning or Windows Disk Admin? If it is software then that could be the problem, it could be looking for a certain set of criteria regarding the span volume and when it doesn't see it, it chokes. Also you cannot break a spanned volume without destroying the data. If you can give me some more info I will try to help. I've done my share of ghosting before.

All Complaints Will Be Routed To /dev/null

The client PC used by students has three partition. One is the ghost boot partition, one is Windows2000 boot partition. The last is a temp partition which can be used to save students' work temporarily.
I only need to create an image for the Windows2000 boot partition which is 10G with 50% full, so the ghost image file is bigger than 2G. Since I use the ghost boot floppy disk which is DOS to start the client, the ghost itself has to span the image to two parts if the image file is bigger than 2G.
I ghost an image file on to a server and later on use the ghost multicast server to ghost down the image onto many clients.
I don't want to span but the ghost itself does it automatically.

Many thanks again.

All right . I fixed it.

add switch -ntc- and everything is ok.

Hopefully, this may help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back