Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal DVD problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slack3r

Technical User
Sep 23, 2003
GB
Ok, I have been having problems with this for some time now. I have 2 roms - 1 Burner, and my DVD player
I also have 2 Hard drives, the setup is like this.

IDE 1

-80 GB HD (Master)
-20 GB HD (Slave)

IDE 2

- Burner (Master)
- DVD Player (Slave)

Now my problem is this.

My DVD player will SOMETIMES play DVD's (I am running Windows 2000 proffesional). It seems that if I just put a DVD in it will not play it. I have to first put in a system disc, like windows 98, once it reads that then I can put in a DVD and it will read it. That only works sometimes. The other times it will not read anything, period. Another problem is that when it will read a DVD it will play the sound for a couple minutes, then suddenly stop playing sound all together.

I have a Soundblaster Audigy Gamer, and I have it plugged directly into my sound card.

Something I have tried was to have my IDE's like this:

IDE 1
-80 GB HD (Master)
-Burner (Slave)

IDE 2
-20 GB HD (Master)
-DVD Player (Slave)

that did nothing. It didnt fix anything.

I am stumped....

Any help is appreciated.

What type of dvd player software are you running, maybe compatability issues with the sound card? Do you have problems playing off the shelf audio cds in the dvd drive?

When it will read the CD's there is no problem at all. I have a *cough* bootlegged *cough* version of Power DVD 2.5

I do know that it used to work with this DVD player cuzz when I first got it, it worked GREAT! I serously doubt that it would be having problems with my sound card, cuzz I think that soundblaster is one of the most widely used sound cards out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back