Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations gmmastros on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal calls not going to phones Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyod_Broh

Programmer
Nov 18, 2022
US
Good morning everyone,
I was hoping to get some help with something. I have a voicemail that got made on a System and external calls are going to the voicemail correctly, but internal calls are just ringing the phone but not transferring to the voicemail. Would anyone know the solution for this?
Thank you

It would be helpful to know what system you have please such as a Norstar / BCM etc.

It sounds as if the internal call forward needs to be pointed to the messaging DN.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Sounds like you system was setup as a workaround to accommodate another setup somewhere in programming.

Typically we program each set to forward to the voicemail systems DN as Firebird stated however a workaround to avoid that is to make the Prime Set in all lines equal the DN of voicemail, then DRT is set as Yes and a ring count entered.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back