Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal call routing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithouse

Programmer
Jun 8, 2004
US
Does anyone know a way to route a call internally using one digit like the 9 is used to route an external call. I want to connect to a VOIP gateway through an analog extension. When you call the analog extension number that is hooked up to the gateway, the gateway will produce a new dial tone and then the caller can dial a VOIP extension number that the gateway will route to the VOIP server. I want to be able to dial say a '3' and the PBX will automatically connect to the gateway through an internal analog extension. After a second or so the gateway picks up and the caller can dial the VOIP extension. Can someone give me guidance on something like this.

Thanks.

You can just create the leading analog TN for the VOIP Gateway as a one digit DN. You need to find out if you have any available prefix DNs though.

LD22
REQ PRT
TYPE LUDN

There are a variety of ways, but that is the most basic.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Thanks...

That solution does work, however, let me ask you this:

Is there a solution that will allow a pause to be inserted after dialing the one digit DN or access code. If the user is dialing these VOIP extensions manually, this works without a problem because the caller can just wait the few seconds for the gateway to pickup and give it's dial tone before dialing the extension. But, I would like to have the ability for users to forward their desk phones to one of the wireless VOIP phones. This would require a pause of some sort after the initial access digit before sending the extension number. I have seen on this forum that an ACOD will allow a pause, but will an ACOD connect to a regular internal analog TN?

This might do the trick

-Make LD86 DMI entery that DEL 1 and INST 1234*

-Make a new Route List in LD86, set LTER to YES and DMI to the entry above.

-Create a CDP DSC Steering Code with your 1 digit DN and set the RLI to the one you just created.

-Make the leading DN of the VOIP Gateway 1234

Doesn't this thing have the capability of trunking? That is what you really need. Wink start tie line would be perfect.

Sounds to me like someone bought a toy.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

one thing, it's faster to not return dialtone.. with cdp just have users dial the dn... very few end users want to have a unique dial code depending on the type phone.. if i dial 4000 i reach a tdm station, if i dial 4001 it;s a ip on the nortel, 4002 is a wireless ip on the cisco... 4004 is a tdm off of an opt 11 on the other side of town...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The poster is asking how to make something work a specific way - suggesting someone bought a toy is irrelevant and may be insulting - and does not need to be added to this thread.

GHTROUT,

Thanks for sending me something to try... I setup the route just like you told me, but there isn't a pause before it sends any additional digits. What I was hoping that your solution would give me was by setting up a DSC of '4' the user would be able to forward their phone to 4101 and the PBX would route to the gateway via the '4' pause for a second or so then send the 101. Your solution does get me to the gateway's dialtone. I'm not even sure if any of this is possible. This is an older model PBX not IP and I am just trying to find a solution to tie in wireless phones to replace a lot of Nextel subscriptions which are basically being used as onsite walkie-talkies.

John, I initially setup the gateway to not give a second dial tone and just setup an analog extension per wireless, but I am running out of analog extensions. So, I am going to let the gateway and VOIP phone system handle the routing.

I far as this being a 'toy', it may be, but I have what I want working, I am just trying to make a few improvements. If it's not possible that's fine. It's worth a shot. We just don't have tons of excess money to throw at this project.

Thanks.

Quote:
But, I would like to have the ability for users to forward their desk phones to one of the wireless VOIP phones.

Hit the Forward key and enter the number and when you need a pause use an *, *=3 sec pause. try it and see if it works you have nothing to lose.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

I tried the '*' and it doesn't appear to do a thing. I saw similar solutions in other posts concerning the '*', but I believe that only works after an ACOD and I need to route to an internal analog extension and not a trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back