Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Call Rerouting

Status
Not open for further replies.

genesmitty

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2006
GB
I have a phone line, that is 555-555-0521. This number was, until recently, a DID number... I had Verizon convert it to a POTS line, and install it at a different location.
When i call this number from my cell phone, it rings right where it's supposed to. If i call it from any extension in the office, it Rings into our Operator.

I believe that this is because it is still being treated by the phone switch as a DID number.

I'm using an Avaya Definity Switch... i can get more details if needed, but what i'm really wondering is how to pull up the list of DID numbers in the switch to see if it's in there.
I called my Phone vendor, and he swears up and down that it's a verizon issue, and of course verizon swears up and down that it's a PBX issue.... which i'm inclined to agree with, as the only time the problem happens is when i call out from an extension of the pbx.

I'm new at the Avaya switch, With my old nortel switch i'd just spend a few hours reading the stack of big books that were given to us when it was installed. i do not have that stack of books for this avaya.

When i call this number from my cell phone, it rings right where it's supposed to. If i call it from any extension in the office, it Rings into our Operator.

From the office, are you dialing the full telephone number, or just the last 3 or 4 digits (the extension)?

Run the command "list trace stat xxxx" (using terminal emulation) for the phone that you are using to dial the number. Dial the number and post the results. If you are only dialing the extension, you need to point the extension to the full telephone number.

And to help you learn your Avaya switch, take a look at faq690-6418. This is a great FAQ and will help get you started.

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

I am Dialing the full number. 1-555-555-0521. if i were to try to dial just 0521, it would go straight to the operator, because it interprets te 0 as a call to the operator. I cannot paste a trace as i'm not using a terminal emulator, i'm using a terminal connected directly to the switch.

Then just type in the list trace information.

Susan

Here is what i got
Active Station 8842 cid 0xca
dial 91304269
term trunk-group 3 cid 0xca
dail 913042690521
route-pattern 0 preference 1 cid 0xca
seize trunk-group 3 member 23 cid 0xca
setup digits 13042690521
Calling Number & Name 3042698842 NO-CPName
Proceed trunk-group 3 member 23 cid 0xca
Alert trunk-group 3 member 23 cid 0xca
active trunk-group 3 member 23 cid 0xca
idle station 8842 cid 0xca

Here's where i think the problem originated.
At one point, i called my pbx vendor in order to have the DID number 304-269-0521 routed to an external number. He came back after attempting to do so, and told me that he couldn't make a DID that started with a 0 ring anywhere except to te operator. I'm thinking that somewhere in the DID routing table, this number is still in existence, so the pbx is trying to route it as if it were still a DID, the result of which is it ringing into our operator.

How do i look to see what my DID numbers are?

Your DID numbers are given to you from your telephone company, there is not anything in the PBX that indicates if a number is a DID or not. Use the command "list usa ext XXXX" to see where this number might be in the PBX.

Susan

It said that the extension was not found.

I apologize for not knowing exactly how to say what i'm looking for... i'm still pretty new at this.
I understand that the DID numbers are provided by the Telco.
but i was thinking that there was something in the switch that says, if a call comes in from DID 555-555-2222, that tells it to route it to station 2222... i'm pretty sure that it's possible to have 555-555-2222 route to any station, not just 2222... Am i off base here?

If when you dial the number from your PBX you get the operator of your facility then check in the trunk group if it is a ISDN and see if "incoming call handling has an entry for 0521 or if it is a newer CM you will have to do ch incoming call trunk 3 Hope this gives new direction. Also in the ars analysis look and see if you have an entry under 1304269 and see if it goes to a route that deletes and inserts digits.

Thanks, i'm looking into that. one thing that i should mention, the problem occurs also if i dial 269-0521, not just when i dial the full 10 digit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back