Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Auto Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPmonkey

Technical User
Jan 5, 2004
GB
I have managed to get Internal Auto Answer working on Digital Extensions 5410's by using the following user shortcode's
Shortcode = *DCP
Tel Number = 0,0,1,2
Line Group = 0
Feature = CW

The above works well, auto answers on Internal calls, rings normally on externall calls.
The query I have is that when a call is transfered to the extension it auto answers.
On the customers Index system that we have just replaced, a transfered call rang at the extension.

Any Ideas?

I've just dealt with the same issue - on most non-Avaya systems that support auto answer - on transfer - when the outside call is released to the extension, it will ring (even if the "intercom" portion of the transfer was auto-answered). With IP Office, if the "intercom" or supvervised portion of the transfer is auto answered - if the outside caller is released, the outside caller will land on the recipient's speakerphone. This operation makes it very difficult to use IP Office as replacement at a site where they are accustomed to more mainstream "voice announce" operation as implemented by most other systems (including Legend/Magix and Partner)

Avaya Tier IV says "working as designed"
Mike

I'm sort of new to the IP Office, only had it 3 days now. Could you explain the *DCP shortcode, and how to use it. It is exactly what I've been looking for, but I'm not sure how to set it up.
I created a user shortcode with the settings you described, but it still rings when I call that phone. Do I need to do something from the extension to enable it?

Thanks,
Andrew

This is the way set up voice announce calls to an extension the way Partner and Magix works.
For Example if my Extension numbering plan is 3 didgit 2XX etc.
S.C. *2xx
T.N. 2N
Feature DialDirect

Just pick up the phone and dial *2xx and it will voice announce to the Extension you called.

To xfer a caller into someones mailbox without ringing their phone use this.
S.C. #2xx
T.N. #2N
Feature VoicemailCollect

When you receive a call and you want to xfer that caller to a mail box just hit xfer button then dial #2xx and hang up caller will be routed to mailbox of the person you dialed.

Jack of all, master of none!

We've got something very similar setup currently....

#1xxx goes to speaker
*1xxx goes to voicemail
1xxx goes to ringer

What I'd like is to have internal calls automatically go to speaker, and external calls go to ringer. I can set the receptionists DSS buttons to #1xxx but then she can't see status (BLF?) because it's a speed-dial and not an extension.

From what I can tell, the 0,0,1,2 thing would solve this problem, but I can't figure out how to implement it.

Thanks,
Andrew

I have managed to get Internal Auto Answer working on Digital Extensions 5410's by using the following user shortcode"
Shortcode = *DCP
Tel Number = 0,0,1,2
Line Group = 0
Feature = CW

The above works well on a site with about 70 users, the IP Office Sw was v3.0.59, I have not tested it with any later versions.
are you in the UK.
I will double check the config in the morning.

I've tried this....then I'm assuming I should dial *327 (*DCP) from the phone, but this says Unavailable. I'm running version 3.1(56), maybe they disabled this feature.

Also, would I need to remove call appearances for this to work?

Thanks,
Andrew

The *DCP isn't dialed, it and the other values are entered as a short code on the User | Short Codes tab within the IP Office configuration.

I've added it as a shortcode under a specific user, but then what? The user also has call appearance buttons, should those be removed? When I dial that user from another extension it still rings, no speakerphone.

Does call waiting need to be disable or enabled for that user?

Thanks,
Andrew

The *DCP seems to works fine at 3.1.56, but I still can't seem to get a transfered call to ring instead of auto-answer.

arausch, this short code enables the feature for the specific user you add it to, so incoming calls to that user auto-answer. So add it to the user and call that user and it will function.

You will never get it to ring on a transfer. This is the way it works.

There is a special build (3.1.56 6706) that, when auto answer is enabled, a transferred call will just ring and NOT auto answer.
Mike

MForrence, does this build work with assisted transfers? For example if a receptionist were to announce via speaker "You have so-and-so on the line" and then transfer, would the phone ring? Or would it dump the caller to speakerphone since that's how the call was initiated?

Either way, how does one go about obtaining this 'special build'?

Thanks,
Andrew

With the special, during an assisted transfer, the call from receptionist to recipient just rings and auto answer never answers, even if it's active on the recipient's phone.

You may be able to get special via your installation company if you're an end user or distributor if you're a business partner.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back