Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal and External numbers reversed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kliest

Technical User
Mar 30, 2006
US
Can anyone help me with this?
We had two people move in the office and thought we moved their phones correctly...but now the external calls ring to the wrong phone. The internal calls and v-mail work correctly. I cant find anything in the books to help me fix this.

Thanks for the help.
KD

I forgot to state... We have a Nortel DR5 system

you probably forgot to move the target lines

How did you move the phones? set relocation, jumper, or programming?

The set relocation was set. After we moved the phones we thought everything was working correctly but then discovered the external calls were going to the wrong places

I dont know how I would change the target lines.
The Ports and DNs do seem to be set correctly.

Thanks
KD

Change them back and see if ther back to normal.Then try moving them again.

I switched them back, the physical telephones that is, and could get the outside lines and voice mail to go to the correct person, but the internal extensions are still wrong. (27 is 40 and vice versa)
I kind of gave up and called a local vendor, who blew me off and did not show.
I really would like to put the telephones with the right people as they have lots of numbers programed etc. I think I need to get to the connection between the port and the dn. I can get to a status screen that shows me which dn is on which port, but can not find a place to change this. I can flip one dn with another but this doesnt seem to change the port/dn status.

Thanks
KD

Swapping 27 and 40 dn's would not work. I could get either internal or external calls right but not both.

But. The problem is fixed!!!

Turns out the system needed a reboot. Once brought down and back up, everything went back to normal. Must of had a corrupt file somewhere.

Thanks for the help everyone!!
kd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back