Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal Analogue Ring Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

sav01

Technical User
Apr 22, 2005
US
Hi

I have recently upgraded an IP Office 406V2 with a couple of POTS 30 attached to 3.1.29. Ever since there is a delay when ringing the extensions either externally or internally, where by the caller hears 3 or 4 rings on their phone but the target phone(s) do not ring immediately.

Judging by other similar posts this is to do with CLI presentation and the advice is to swith from 'Loop Start CLI' to 'Loop Start' however the incoming lines aren't analogue they are ISDN line so I'm not sure where to turn this off on non analogue lines Additionally it happens on internal calls so how could I stop it on internal calls.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

I'd try turning off the caller display for an extension on the extension tab. I think you'll find that will solve the delay !

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Many thanks, I could find where to switch it off! Guess it's because it's Friday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back