Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent voice drop out

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss341

Technical User
Dec 29, 2004
US
At times when on a call, the voice path drops out in both directions. Sometimes 2-3 seconds and other times, 30-40 seconds. Internal to internal and internal-external
It is across loops, i.e. 36 to 68, 28 to 52, digital set to 2500 set ot 39xx set to 2500 set. Any ideas?????
Opt 81C CPP on 3.0 (3 Groups)
I've INI'd and swapped CPU's.

If you prt ahst in 22 do you see anything around those times it is dropping? Post PARM data as well.

I get a BUG085 and BUG4001 from time to time but it doesn't
associate to the TN's that experience the drop out nor does the time relate.

PARM
LPIB 2200
HPIB 2200
500B 1000
SL1B 800
NCR 20000
MGCR 25
CSQI 240
CSQO 240
TUBO NO
CFWS NO
PCML MU
ALRM YES
ERRM ERR BUG AUD
DTRB 100
TMRK 128
FCDR NEW
PCDR NO
TPO NO
TSO NO
CLID YES
DUR5 NO
MLDN YES
MARP YES
FRPT NEFR
DCUS NULL
MSCL 600
PMSI
MANU PMS1
PMCR 0
PORT NONE
NDIS 20
OCAC NO
MTRO MR
SBA_ADM_INS 000
SBA_USER 512
BCAP SPEECH
IDLE_SET_DISPLAY
ICON YES

PARM looks fine. May have to try & narrow that down a bit, will be hard. I would try to concentrate on the internal to external drop and see if it can narrow down to a loop, shelf or group. Thing about the internal to internal - who dropped who? could be mis-leading, one side may have no problem at all. Is 30,44,45 in your DROL for midnights?

Yes.
I've got everything on Cpu 0, clock 0. If I get another report I will lock it to RING 0 and see if I can show it to one side or the other.

1) Are those phones located near to, or was any equipment that may generate/use high voltage - eg, a TV set test station, moved in the area of those phones ?

2)does the call re-establish itself after the dropout or is it disconnected ?

There may be loose connectors on the Intergroup module -NT8D36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back