Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent problems dialing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

jual

Programmer
Mar 1, 2006
GB
Bear in mind that I haven't attempted restarting the system yet as it's not convenient to do so until later on but, in case any of this rings any bell, I though I would post for some advice.

We have an IP Office 412 with 25 Channels of ISDN30.

Sometimes when calling out we're getting a busy tone then disconnect. Voicemail pro external transfers are disconnecting on occasions too. Internal calls not effected and, as far as has been reported so far, incoming calls not effected.

It seems to coincide with periods with high numbers of connected calls, but we shouldn't be reaching capacity on channels, we've never used near 25 channels since boot up and no more than 16 in last 16 days.

The SMDR log of the effected calls show Party2Name as 'PRI Line 5' rather than 'Line 5.whatever'.

EDIT.
Also worth mentioning an apparent delay on all external calls before it rings.

Any help at all very much appreciated.

How many channels are you licensed for on the IP Office? Run a monitor trace and see what it tells you when you get a busy.

Thanks for your reply.

Bit confused, there aren't any channel licenses, unlimited Voicemail pro licenses. I should also mention that although it happens at busy times, the system is nothing like as busy as it was 3 years ago with the exact same number of licenses and ISDN30 channels.

I'm not good with SysMonitor, which trace options are most relevant?

Read this it is all in there including examples

@Phone9ey on IP400 PRI channels are unlicensed...

To clarify something, the manual appears to be incorrect on this with this on page 130. I tried on 9.0.5

You may need to enable the System Monitor/ Call/ line send filter to see your reason codes.

I couldn't get a reason code with the System Monitor | Call | Extension Send option enabled.

I'm a Spanish lumberjack and I'm ole'.

Thanks to everyone for your help. I found that document yesterday and I have the monitoring running. Last night I restarted the system so I'm crossing my fingers today.

Edit..
@holdmusic34 I've added the filter option you suggested, thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back