Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent failures on transfers from Cisco Unity

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyMac4

MIS
Feb 23, 2015
US
We have a very unique setup, here's the general configs-
DID's answer on CUCM (10.5) and transfer immediately via SIP to ACD system (Aspect ACD). On busy/no answer callers are transferred back to Cisco Unity (10.5) via SIP and to individuals VM box. Some users want their 0 out (or Revert option) to ring back to general ACD queue via SIP. It's working about 50% of the time and drops the other 50%.
I'm thinking that we're trying to transfer too many times back and forth over SIP, because If I call the mailbox directly without the 1st hop via SIP, it works 100% of the time.
I've tried sending calls out of the users mailbox directly to 4 digit SIP, ACD queue VM box, external again...all with same results. Can't find anyway to get this to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you getting a busy signal? Essentially you're creating a call loop. Is it hitting the same ACD number both times?

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS
CIPTV1

No busy signal. I'll just get dead air, then after @1 minute it'll drop. It's not the same ACD#. Example- callers dial 215-555-3007 to reach the individual. Call is routed back over SIP to the VM box- MB 3007. The 0 out is 3501.
I agree with you on the loop, but why does it work @1/2 the time? Is there a way to 'fake out" or "fool" the system?

Im not familiar with the Aspect system offer any concrete answers.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS
CIPTV1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor