Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent Dial Tone on 3902 on option 11c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meridiangirlie

Technical User
Nov 7, 2004
GB
In initial steps of problem solving and just wondered whether anybody have experienced the same problem I am having.

Have just set up 3 new 3902's and one works correctly and the other two are experiencing either intermittent or no dial tone. If there is dial tone on one of them it keeps missing some bleeps and if you talk on the phone to that extension it is like talking on a mobile where the incoming caller keeps cutting out. It is not the phones I have changed them. I have repunched all cables too..

The displays on the 3902 show the extension numbers and time of day looking like the phones are working. It should be noted they do go via SUB DP's argggghhh...
Any ideas please ..my gut feeling is the SUB DP wiring....also should be noted I have outed the faulty extensions and copied them from the correctly working extension to ensure programming correct.

I am going to try a different TN tomorrow and different ports in the SUB DP.

Thanks

It could be an intermitant short to ground sapping off voltage to the phones.

Thanks, Have repunched to another port in the SUB DP and all ok now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back