Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

intermittent 1 way audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

RITEL

Vendor
Dec 29, 2007
US
We have an IPO v2 running 8.1.56 sw. They have a point to point T-1 with about 25 IP phones at the far end (all digital phones at the main site) They have been complaining of one way audio off & on since we installed the phones. Of course when we go there to test, it never happens. The IT vendor swears that no ports are being blocked on the Cisco gear at both ends, but I think this must be a an issue with the network. Before I escalate this with the IT vendor, are there any bugs in the IPO that would cause this to happen?
Thanks.

Put an IP phone on the main site.
If that phone works fine then point made.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

you can also run Monitor on both sides and trace all that happens and the customer needs to write down when it happened and from which extension calling where etc.
It could be a bad VCM module (if you have 2 on a site then that might be the reason as it might just use the bad one if the first one is busy) but then it should happen more frequently.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Had a similar problem, are also using Cisco router. Our IT guys turned off the Cisco H323 helpers that come built into the router. It you have Cisco phone hardware you need them on but otherwise for IP Office you need to turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back