Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermitent internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

trefor

Technical User
Jun 22, 2003
GB
I have an intermittent internet connection problem.
Using a Linksys WAG54G router hard wired to a desktop running XP Home, and a wireless link to a laptop running Win 98SE fitted with a Notebook adapter (WPC54GS). Everything works - get full network, file sharing, printer sharing and Internet - BUT, if I turn laptop off, then back on later (same day or next day etc)the laptop tells me it has a good network connection and signal strength - but no internet access. I can regain internet access by switching router off and then back on, or by re-entering (the the same / existing) wireless network password into both laptop and router (the latter via the desktop computer). Feels like a configurataion issue I am missing. Can anyone suggest enything?

same thing is happening to me. I talked to Linksys tech support about a myriad of network problems. All my problems seemed to be solved by doing what I'll call a 'deep reset': press the reset switch for about 10 seconds, then unplug the power supply from the router. hold for another 10-20 seconds and plug the router back in. You might wanna check other sources about doing this, but it worked for me and my BEFW11S4....

well, all my network problems are fixed.... except for the intermittent internet problem. All I do is unplug the router for a sec, and it's back. If it does this anymore today or tomorrow, I think I'll try returning it after talking to Linksys about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back