Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermec Trakker 9440 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfontaine

MIS
Dec 18, 2000
US
I have aquired a used barcode device. Does any one know or have a manual on how to program this device? I have been to Intermec's site but could find no info on this model.

Thanks for the start, a represenative from "Symbol" did call me....but could only advise me to switch from Intermec to Symbol!! I was able to find programming information for this product. The language is IRL and Intermec had an online manual site at:
I went through a VAR to get the "user manual" since this was not on line. url= They seem to have a good index of barcoding equipment and accessories. You have to like online shopping.

My main interest in this make, Intermec, stems from the fact my company's Fall River,MA location already has several Intermec 9560 readers which we use for timeclocks in our manufactoring plant. The software is "Stripe Lighting" which runs with our manufactoring system CA-ManMan. I would be interested hearing from any one using these devices and programs. Perhaps a new thread should be started for programming these devices?

I found some info on PC-IRL which is for older Trakker units. It is a development environment and download utility. It's supposed to be public download now from intermec, however the link seems to be broken at the moment, but at least this is something you can take to intermec.

Hello, I have a 9440 Trakker and a Symbol LL500 OmniLink. I was wondering if these two items were compatible. If they are, what is required to get them up and running? I am trying to integrate barcode scanning into my inventory processing. I am currently doing this the old-fashioned way, hand-written inventory tags. This is too time consuming and a waste of paper. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
dogcoffe

No Symbol and Intermec are rivals
I would put the trakker on ebay and get what ever you can for it. WHY?? They are a b____ to program

then get a Symbol spt1550 and this program
CAT Scan
At this WEB site

Why???? no programing and it downloads a ASCII file to the PC. Very light weight and compact, I have one in my shirt pocket right now. Uses standard AAA batteries. And its based on Palm OS.

Far cheaper and far better.

DougP, MCP

Thank you so much for your reply and advice. I kind of figured the Symbol would be to my best advantage. Now that I have a second opinion, I can upgrade my inventory and save lots of time and money! :)

Thanks again!
dogcoffe

According to Intermec Brazil, the 9440 TRAKKER´s battery is no longer manufactured.

However, we need a new battery, because our product does not have nor 5 years of use.

How we must proceed to acquire this battery with great speed?

I have written programs in IRL before, and it is not easy. Your best bet is probably to switch to a different portable, simply because the battery is getting harder and harder to locate.

If you must use the 9440, I would recommend trying to find someone to program it for you. If this is not an option, then I wish you luck. The good news is that programming in IRL is slightly easier than programming in assembly language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back