Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intergration between .NET and Foxpro V6.0 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerDavis

Technical User
Sep 18, 2002
US
Hello,

I would like to know if there is an utility or some code which can create a COM object from the FOX's ocx objects ?

We are in the process of porting our application from
FOX 6.0 to .NET C# and would like to be able to call some of the FOX modules from .NET as we slowly port and rebuild our application.

I know FOX 7 and up supports COM objects, and I know FOX 6 can call an COM object but is it possible to use a FOX 6 control ( OCX ) in a .NET application ? Or is there a way to create or change a FOX application into a COM object such that .NET can interact directly with it ??

Any ideas would be of much help. We can't port to FOX 7 as that is not a viable option...

-ter

I'm not sure what you're asking about here as Fox has never had the ability to create and OCX.

Craig Berntson
MCSD, Visual FoxPro MVP, Author, CrysDev: A Developer's Guide to Integrating Crystal Reports"

Hey Craig,

SOrry, i meant the vcx controls that Fox 6 created.

-ter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back