Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intergation with Meridian PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

rory1

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2003
GB
Has anyone done successful integration of Call Manager v3.2 with Nortel Meridian PBX?

We have done through Checkmate gateways, but was thinking there must be an easy way with ITG and standard Cisco routers to support basic telephony?

Ideas?

I would suggest using a PRI. Wanye67 is correct that QSIG would be the easiest. But you could use almost any protocol. NI, NI2, 4-ess, 5-ess, etc. You would just have to setup one side to look like the central office (aka CO) switch. If you decide to do this, let me save you some time. It will take days for the TAC to give you this command.

isdn protocol-emulate network

Apply it to the serial interface of the PRI and it will turn the Cisco router into the central office switch (kind of, at least to the other device).

It is what it is!!

The only interface Cisco supports is Q Sig. ISO. There is no problem with the Meridian having this, we used it between Hicoms Meridian and Mitel SX2000. We did have an issue with Q SIg between a Meridian and Router in that the S/W of the router rejected calls if I remember anything which had private, ISDN etc in the message from the Meridian, it only like UNKNOWN NUMBER. Cisco fixed it with an upgrade but I think the newer release should be ok

wayne

We did fully integration with CM 3.2 and Meridian, used Q-Sig. I've got the commands for the Cisco 26xx router and the Meridian ..

Thanks for the replies. Interesting to see possible options.

Medum, did you get any loss of functions (e.g. message waiting indication)? Any chance you can email the commands (c my profile)?

Thanks again.

Hi Medum,

I will be performing a Cisco call manager integration with a Meridian option 81C pabx, just wondering if it would be possible to forward the commands for both the CM and Meridian to me.

Thx.

Yep, we did CM3.1 to a Mitel SX2000. It was very basic though - just an E1 link between the two and some basic routing.

We didn't try any kind of QSIG signalling or voicemail hookup, since it was just a stop-gap for the transition from Mitel to Cisco, but it worked okay for the 3 months it was required.

The biggest problem was that the tone CallManager gives for an engaged Mitel sounds exactly like the tone for "Out of Service". Other than that, it all went very well.

Have you got names working in both directions, can you send me the configs of both if poss

thanks

wayne

wayne.jackson@allenovery.com

if you have PRi interface open of can obtain at a decent price. pri is almost always the best way to integration between CCM other PBX's. It just gives you a unified simpler view of you whole DP and a consistant intergration across all platforms. All you need Is a VG200 or 2600 serios router with proper ports.. They are pretty easy to find used. You can go new an higher end but these two products handle the job well

Nah, sorry Wayne - like I say, names weren't too important for us. And just as well - CM3.1 didn't support QSIG and the Mitel SX2000 would only do DMPSS as far as I can remember.

Even so, we sold our Mitel with the building when we moved and I don't have access to it anymore.

I see from your other thread that you already have basic call routing going on, so there's not much I can add, sadly.

If anybody has names working both ways I would very appreciate a copy of your config. We are using an Ericsson MD110 using a q-sig link via a 2600. We get a name on the Ericsson phone when they pick the reciver up but nothing on the Cisco phones.

Thanks

Al

Just to confuse matters we now have Nortel to Mitel using Q Sig. inturned connected to another Mitel using DPNSS which is then connects to CM using Q Sig. and we have names in both directions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But not just between Mitel and CM

wayne

Wayne

So have you got names working form Mitel to CCM using q-sig? If so is it possible to get a copy of your config as we have been trying this for nearly a year and cannot get it working. Our 2600 between the Ericsson and CCM is an MGCP gateway

Any help would be much appreciated

Can anyone provide me with the confign. details from the Meridian switch and cm concerning the connection between the two switches.

Cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back