Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interfaces not there

Status
Not open for further replies.

guardgirl

Technical User
Dec 16, 2004
US
I uploaded my IOS and did a reload. You can see the new IOS, no problems but the interfaces are gone. I have a 2621XM router running 12.1. I even have a link light on the f0/0 not that it really matters.

You have probably uploaded an image for a different platform - possibly a non-XM 2600 IOS? I have done this myself previously and the only way out is to XModem the original (or the correct image?) back onto the router. I assume you backup up the original image?

Andy

Hi,

is this an internal card or an External added via one of the expansion slots, If your stating F0/0 im presuming its an Internal FastEthernet interface, can you confirm?

LEEroy
MCNE6,CCNA2,CWNA, Project+

It is internal fastEthernet ports w/2 2T WIC cards. I must confirm w/the suggestion to use old IOS to get interfaces back. There may be an issue w/the ISO and 2621XM router and will search cisco documentation today. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back