Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interface topology

Status
Not open for further replies.

acle

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2004
CH
I just installed an R55 AI HFA04 on a windows 2000.
When I try to set the topology on the interfaces of my firewall is just possible to set them as external??
The internal possibility is greyed.
I install a 50 user limited license and by design is not possible to forward traffic between 2 external interface so the firewall is not working.
Does anyone know why I can't set the topology on my interfaces?
Many thanks.

ACLE

It sounds like you're logged on with read access only. Normally you can select either external or internal.

Chris.

Chris Andrew, CCNA, CCSA
chris@iproute.co.uk

Unfortunately I'm connected with write access, the only greyed part is the possibility to set internal, all the other settings are available.

acle

Do you have the network card configured with a default gateway? If so then the firewall might just presume that it's an external interface because of this.

Chris.

Chris Andrew, CCNA, CCSA
chris@iproute.co.uk

The external interface has as default gateway the router, the others interfaces have just the ip address and the mask.

I reinstall my firewall and now the interface are settable.
Probably the cause was that during the first installation one interface was down (not connected).

acle

I've also seen this happen after an install when the module is installed as a Check Point Host and not a Gateway object.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back