Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interesting Problem Opening Lotus 123 in Excel 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

geomac

Technical User
Oct 11, 2001
US
Has anyone seen this problem: End-user is trying to open a Lotus 123 R5 file in order to convert it to Excel 2000. The problem is when she clicks File | Open and selects Files of Type, the only choices are "MS Excel(*.xls") and "All Files". As you know, one should see "All Microsoft Excel Files", "Text Files", "Query Files", "Lotus 123 Files", etc. My troubleshooting steps included:

1) Verifying all of Office's Converters are correctly installed.
2) Performing Office "Detect and Repair".
3) Complete Uninstall/ Reinstall of Office 2000.
3) Opening Excel in "Safe-Mode".
4) Performing a virus scan with latest DATs (McAfee 4252)- no viri found.

The end-user wants to avoid a complete PC reimage (if possible), but I'm out of guesses. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Go to start and run and type in regsvr32.exe msltus40.dll
looks like you are also missing your text file option also so do the same thing with mstext40.dll

Regards -

Wray

Thanks, for the tip, Wray69! I'll give this a try...

Thanks, for the feedback Wray. After some research, the cause of the problem was an upgrade to our Lotus "Domino. Doc" client. And the fix is simply launching the DomDoc Desktop Administrator (Start/Programs/ Lotus Applications) and de-selecting the offending apps from:
1) Settings/Preferences/Applications Preferences
2) Settings/Preferences/Office Fields

Afterwards, Excel works properly.
Cheers!
GeoMac

Please, Can someone help me to solve the problem as follow?? :-
when I log on internet after a few minute a window appeared with NT Authority/System ?? and started to count down and shut down within 60 sec!! why & how to rectify??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back