Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interesting error

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentM

MIS
Jun 6, 2001
US
Error:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1157 (Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)).

This error occured when I was using a sucessfully tested code on a new machine with win 95, PWS and Access 97.
I am using a DSN less connection string.

I couldn't create a System DSN from the control panel either.

Anybody knows why it happens.

Are yo positive ODBC has drivers for access 97...check this at Microsoft. gettin' jiggy wid' it --
smbure

Ok I now have an answer.

I got the same error:80004005 with 'System error 31'. None of the programs that use the data access components ( ADO etc ) would work and I could not edit/add DSN's at the ODBC area in Control panel under Win98SE.

Solution was to re-install the MDAC data access components.
Go to Download e.g. MDAC 2.5SP2 - ( MDAC_TYP.EXE ) but don't run it yet.
Get the 'Component Checker'
(this guides you through reomoving/installing mdac compontents - run it with the /d flag as it states in its instructions)

It will remove the old MDAC and ask you to point to the new MDAC_TYP.exe file. In my case however I had to run this file myself after running the component checker.

All worked ok after this. Win ME/2000 users have to follow a different route as MDAC 2.5 is built in.

Hope this helps

AndyPandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back