Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interdev - wacky page object problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinaMaus

Programmer
Apr 2, 2004
US
Anyone out there still using Page Objects in Visual Interdev 6.0? I am working on an ASP project that uses Page Objects. For example, from somepage.asp, I want to be able to call someotherpage.execute.somefunction.

Here is the problem. When I right-click on the page object to show the properties, I am supposed to see three tabs on the properties dialog: methods, properties, and references. However, when I do it, I only see TWO tabs, methods and properties. The references tab is MISSING! Therefore, since I don't have a references tab, I can't create any references to other pages, which of course means that the page objects are useless.

I tried installing Visual Studio 6.0 service pack 5 but that didn't help. (Service pack 6 is actually the latest, but doesn't update Interdev.) Has anyone seen this problem before? I haven't found any similar problems in MSDN. Maybe there's a setting somewhere that I haven't thought of? Alternately, is there a way that I can add the references by hand, while viewing the control as text?

It turns out that I had my project configured incorrectly. If you add a new file using "File->New File", a page object cannot be added to it. The file has to be part of the project. If you instead add a new file by using "Project->Add Item", then page objects function correctly. According to the help guy at Microsoft, this behavior is by design, albeit very confusing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back