Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interdev and .shtml files

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeelo

Programmer
Aug 14, 2002
CA
Interdev does not recognize .shtml files as a valid extension. I would like to be able to work with .shtml just like .html, anyone know how I could accomplish this? If I open a .shtml file there is only one view, and no tag colors.

everybody else is in the ASP forum ;-) br
Gerard

Ok I got .shtml to open like HTML files (the first part of that article) but I cannot get the colors to work. The article says to go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\DevStudio\6.0\Text Editor\Tabs\Language Settings\HTML in the registry, but that key does not exist. I searched through the entire Interdev section in the Interdev section of the registry but was unable to locate a key called FileExtensions. Anyone have any ideas?

That's what I thought about, but it's not just one key, its folders as well. And I'm sure there will need to be more in the FileExtension key than just ;shtml. Look...they say to go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\DevStudio\6.0\Text Editor\Tabs\Language Settings\HTML

Mine is not even in Microsoft\DevStudio, it's in \Microsoft\VisualStudio. So I went to the 6.0\Text Editor\ folder, but \Tabs does not exist, nor does any other folder with Language Settings. An HTML folder DOES exist however, but there is no FileExtensions key inside it. I could create this key but I'm sure there is more information for the key I would need. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back