Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interconnect 2 M1 11C with Analog Trunks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxnewman

MIS
Jul 13, 2005
CA
I'm extremely confused in trying to connect 2 Nortel 11c using NT8D14 Universal Trunk Cards at each end in my lab. I tried building a route in ld 16 and then adding the trunks to the route I built in ld 14.

I received SCH code after SCH codes to a point I no longer know if what I did was correct.

Does anyone have a simple step by step document that details the procedure in setting up a simple (supposedly) 2 channel analog tie line?

Please Help!!

best bet is to look up each sch code... make the trunk tie on the route tie and iao (in and out).. i would make the start type wnk.. for both ends.. i can post an anaog route and trunk.. remember that 90 percent of a route and a trunk are usually built by default

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John,

I'll give it another shot. Can you also post the analog route and trunk? That way I may be able to see which parameter I may have inputted incorrectly or what I have missed.

Thanks Again!!

here's the route, ld 21 prt rdb

Code:
TYPE RDB
CUST 00
[COLOR=red]ROUT 37[/color]
DES  CCS
TKTP COT
NPID_TBL_NUM   0
PRIV NO
SAT  NO
IDEF NET
RCLS EXT
VTRK NO
DTRK NO
ISDN NO
PTYP ACO
[COLOR=green]AUTO YES[/color]
[COLOR=red]ICOG IAO[/color][COLOR=blue] Both Directions[/color] 
RANX NO
SRCH LIN
TRMB NO
STEP
[COLOR=red]ACOD 800037[color]
CPP  NO
TARG [COLOR=blue] enter x1 at this prompt[/color]
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
TIMR ICF  512
     OGF  512
     EOD  13952
     DSI  34944
     NRD  10112
     DDL  70
     OOD  3
     ODT  4096
     RGV  640
     FLH  100
     GRD  896
     SFB  3
     CRD  512

IENB  5
     TFD  0
     LEXT  100
     VGD  6
SST  3 0
[COLOR=red]NEDC ETH
FEDC ETH[/color]
CPDC NO
SPCT IMM
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
RGFL 02 02
RVSD 08 31
ILLR 02 02
DRNG NO
CDR  NO
MUS  NO
MR   NO
MANO NO
EQAR NO
FRL  0 0
FRL  1 0
FRL  2 0

PAGE 002

FRL  3 0
FRL  4 0
FRL  5 0
FRL  6 0
FRL  7 0
OHQ  NO
OHQT 00
TDET NO
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
OHTD NO
PLEV 2
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART  0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

the red is things i didn't default, the green is because i want that route to send all inbound to a atdn (any fixed number) if that was a tie, i would have taken the default on that.

here is the trunk, ld 20 prt tnb

Code:
DES  CCS
TN   004 0 15 00
TYPE COT
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
XTRK XUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 3COM
TRK  ANLG
NCOS 1
[COLOR=red]RTMB 37 1
ATDN 1964[/color]
SIGL LOP
SUPN NO
AST  NO
IAPG 0
CLS  UNR [COLOR=red]DTN[/color] WTA LPR APN THFD
     P10 NTC
TKID
this is one of the two trunks in that route, it rings on access to my dn, this is an analog test trunk using a analog station for a cot... a tie would look the same with type tie and no atdn.. once it's up send any number you want to the far end, if that switch is getting digits now from another switch (did) you have to send the same number of digits... other then that let me know if you get stuck, on site this takes less then ten minutes, so stick with it, my 1st one took several days... if you need, post the code and we can help faster

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hello John,

I still have a slight problem. By trying to simulate your test, I have configured a phone on TN 2 0 0 0 with ext. 2220 and TN 2 0 0 1 with ext. 2221. I can call 2221 from 2220 and vice versa. I have a Univ Trunk Card on Slot 9
I configured route 20 similar to your route 37. I have only addedd TN 9 0 0 0 to this route. I then attached an analog phone to TN 9 0 0 0. I currently do not hear a dial tone. I tried calling 2271, TN 9 0 0 0 shows busy in LD 32 but the phone doesn't ring. The analog phone has been tested in a live envorinment.

Hear are the following prints.

LD 20 PRT TNB
TYPE: cot
TN 9 0
DATE
PAGE
TN 009 0 00 00
TYPE COT
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
XTRK XUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 3COM
TRK ANLG
NCOS 1
RTMB 20 1
ATDN 7001
SIGL LOP
SUPN NO
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN CND WTA LPR APN THFD
P10 NTC LOL
TKID
DATE 26 JUL 2005

LD 21 PRT RDB
REQ PRT
TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT 20
TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 20
DES COTTEST
TKTP COT
PRIV NO
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
DTRK NO
PTYP ACO
AUTO YES
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
SRCH LIN
TRMB NO
STEP
ACOD 2271
CPP NO
TARG
CLEN 1 <---- Got a SCH0262 but it allowed me to continue
OABS
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
FLH 510
GRD 896
SFB 3
CRD 512
TFD 0
LEXT 100
SST 3 0
NEDC ETH <---- Wasn't prompted to change this. But it matches yours by default.
FEDC ORG <---- Wasn't prompted to change this.
CPDC NO
SPCT IMM
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
RGFL 02 02
RVSD 08 31
ILLR 02 02
DRNG NO
CDR NO
MUS NO
MR NO
MANO NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
PLEV 2
PAGE 002
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

LD 21 LTM
ltm
CUST 0
ROUT 20
TYPE TLS
TKTP COT
ROUT 20
DES COTTEST
TN 009 0 00 00 MBER 1 COTTEST

LD 20 DNB
DN 2220
CPND
NAME TEST 1
XPLN 6
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
TYPE SL1
TN 002 0 00 00 KEY 00 MARP DES TEST1 30 JUN 2005
(3902)

DN 2271
TYPE RDB
ROUT 20

Ld 80 TRAK
trak 2 0
TN 002 0 00 00
KEY 0 SCR MARP ACTIVE TN 002 0 00 00
ORIG 002 0 00 00 0 SCR MARP 0 2220 3902
TERM 009 0 00 00 COT RMBR 20 1
DIAL DN 2271
MAIN_PM DIAL AUX_PM TEMPPATH
TALKSLOT ORIG 11 TERM 11
EES_DATA:
NONE
QUEU NONE
CALL ID 0 108

KEY 1 NUL IDLE
KEY 2 NUL IDLE
KEY 3 NUL IDLE
KEY 4 TRN IDLE
KEY 5 NUL IDLE

Let me know if you need anything else to help solve this nightmare of mine.

Thanks Again!!!

The TIMR and FEDC/NEDC stuff appears if you type "YES" when you are prompted CTRL = "Controls and Timers"

It does not show during a printout - but it is in the books, a uniqure set of them can be found at

for free

the following is the key

Click on the word "Ohms" - in the picture - then when you see that you were too late and it says "down down down"

just scroll down

they are still there

~
Gene of ~

Gene, you make the coolest web pages. :)

Thanks for all your work on that. Have a star with my thanks.

Steve Harmon
Greenfield, Indiana

Hello Gene,

Thanks again for helping me out with my T1 Traffic Study on my other thread.

By the way, I changed FEDC to ETH and but I still don't hear a dialtone on my analog line on TN 9 0 0 0. I'm still trying to simulate a call from my digital phone on my digital line card with TN 2 0 0 0 to my analog phone on the univ trunk card as a sanity check prior to changing it to a tie line.

Got any ideas on what I did wrong?

Thanks!!

you will not get dial tone from a trunk port. connect a analog tn to it (and dn except the atdn) when you dial the acod.. the far end will outpulse the atdn.. then go to ld 86 and add a rlb, frl 0, route 20.. then go to 87 and add a cdp/ dsc (any vacant number) and point that to your new rlb... then dial that dn and the dsc will send a call to that trunk, without the acod and still call the atdn.. if the type was tie or did you could use the same connection to dial between switches to the actual dialed dn, as opposed to just the atdn

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

btw on a tie or did route, you can build one trunk (wink start) and connect a butt set, hear the wink, and dial (tone) your inbound did call... that was an old test.. just out the route and trunk, change the trunk type to did.. take every defaut possible.. tgar x1

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

To connect together two XUT ports for 2-way simmetrical use the trunks need to be programmed as TIE with SIGL=LDR (not LOP).

you can use loop if you connect an analog line as the loop start line. i've used it for courtsey phones, that hot d the acod, then on that one trunk i can set a tfd, limiting just those stations to a 3 minute call

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks guys!! I really appreciate your assistance. I tried setting this up but somehow it is still a no go. I'll try setting up a tie line using the existing pre-programmed ties in the system. I'll let you know if i'm successfuly.

As a sanity check, would i be able to tie two systems using universal trunk cards and tying them together with a simple RJ 11 cable? Not sure if the universal trunk cards provide signalling.

In addition, I noticed that several analog ties were already pre-setup with EM4 signalling. Maybe I can use this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back